STUDIO ASSISTANT AT HELEN ROUND
The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of our studios in Mount Edgcumbe and Millbrook by ensuring that orders are processed efficiently, makers have everything they need, stock records are kept up to date and that the studio is kept tidy and organised. The role also includes the opportunity to learn the traditional craft of hand screen printing.
- To process all orders quickly and accurately to ensure the customer receives exactly what they ordered, as soon as possible. This includes checking orders, printing labels and producing invoices, picking the products, packing them appropriately, ensuring labelling (eg customs) is correct and ensuring they are ready for the post by the end of the day.
- To regularly review the studio production schedule and ensure that cut and printed materials are kept stocked up and that work is set up for each of our makers in order to maintain good stocks of finished products.
- To ensure raw materials (eg threads, packaging materials etc) remain stocked up and reordered in good time.
- To ensure that all studio spaces remain organised, clean and tidy.
- To keep the shop tidy and replenished and to serve customers as required
- To hand print materials for production, including the preparation and cleaning of screens.
- We are looking for a self starter with energy and drive to join our happy team.
- They should be able to work to a high standard, able to recognise the importance of accuracy and care in the production of high quality products.
- They will need to be organised and able to plan ahead in order to organise others.
- They will be confident and friendly dealing with customers, in person, by email and over the phone
- They must be able to work flexibly, as part of a busy hard working team, and be keen to learn new skills
- We are looking for someone who is keen to make their mark by bringing suggestions for improvements and new ideas.
- They will need to be confident using a computer, entering sales information and particularly working with spreadsheets
- They will work tidily and be conscientious about maintaining clean, tidy and well organised work spaces.
This is a freelance, one year internship position for 22.5 hours per week (days and time are negotiable). Driving licence and a car to commute between places of work is essential. Starting rate of pay is £8.72 per hour. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 31st July 2020. Please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you would like this opportunity to Helen Round firstname.lastname@example.org
We are complying with government guidance regarding COVID-19 in the following ways :
- We are maintaining minimum staff in each work space and have positioned machines to ensure social distancing can be observed by staff while working.
- We have introduced a regular hand washing discipline for all staff and provided anti-bacterial wipes and disposable paper clothes.
- The toilets are regularly cleaned and hand sanitiser is provided via a wall-mounted dispenser.
- Our staff wear a face covering when customers enter the shop and only one customer is permitted to be in the shop at any one time to ensure safe distancing can be maintained.
- Staff have been instructed to wipe down their work areas regularly and keep the studios clean and tidy
- We have told our staff to let us know if they experience any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been close to anyone that has.
- All of the above will form part of the staff induction, alongside ongoing health and safety guidance, during their staff induction.
We are pleased to be working with Cultivator, helping to bring creative job opportunities to Cornwall.