STUDIO ASSISTANT AT HELEN ROUND
Would you like to be part of the growing team at our Mount Edgcumbe studios?
Do you have a keen eye for detail and are you someone who loves working with beautiful fabrics and enjoys the variety of being in a busy studio environment?
- Your role will include fabric cutting so you’ll need to be able to work accurately. You will use Google sheets to update and create cutting lists as required to ensure makers have the fabrics they need to keep our stock boxes full.
- You will also help with the picking and packing of products to ensure that our customers receive their orders on time and that they are well packaged, ensuring they are ready for the post by the end of the day.
- To ensure that all studio spaces remain organised, clean and tidy.
- To keep the shop tidy and replenished and to serve customers as required
This will be a busy role, particularly over the next few months as we approach Christmas, and it’ll be a great opportunity for you to be part of a happy, productive and creative team.
We are a growing business that supports traditional craft and ethical manufacturing to provide beautiful things that tread lightly on the earth and we are keen to create opportunities for local employment. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of quality, is honest and kind and is a team player.
- We are looking for a self starter with energy and drive to join our happy team.
- They should be able to work to a high standard, able to recognise the importance of accuracy and care in the production of high quality products.
- They will need to be organised and able to plan ahead in order to organise others.
- They will be confident and friendly dealing with customers, in person, by email and over the phone
- They must be able to work flexibly, as part of a busy hard working team, and be keen to learn new skills
- We are looking for someone who is keen to make their mark by bringing suggestions for improvements and new ideas.
- They will need to be confident using a computer, entering sales information and particularly working with spreadsheets
- They will work tidily and be conscientious about maintaining clean, tidy and well organised work spaces.
We are complying with government guidance regarding COVID-19 in the following ways :
- We are maintaining minimum staff in each work space and have positioned machines to ensure social distancing can be observed by staff while working.
- We have introduced a regular hand washing discipline for all staff and provided anti-bacterial wipes and disposable paper clothes.
- The toilets are regularly cleaned and hand sanitiser is provided via a wall-mounted dispenser.
- Our staff wear a face covering when customers enter the shop and only one customer is permitted to be in the shop at any one time to ensure safe distancing can be maintained.
- Staff have been instructed to wipe down their work areas regularly and keep the studios clean and tidy
- We have told our staff to let us know if they experience any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been close to anyone that has.
- All of the above will form part of the staff induction, alongside ongoing health and safety guidance, during their staff induction.
Back to Vacancies