We are looking for an exciting new talent to join our team and gain skills and experiences in a creative and growing business. Your role will include :
- supporting our team of makers by preparing fabric components, keeping makers’ baskets topped up, dealing with deliveries and keeping the studio organised and tidy, using your initiative to create better ways of working and anticipating what the team needs before they need it.
- supporting our order processing team to ensure that our customers’ queries are dealt with quickly, and they receive their orders in good time and in good order
- Being proactive to ensure that any stock shortages are made up quickly and work is able to be prioritised to achieve this
- Ensuring that stocks of packaging and admin supplies are kept in good order and that we are recycling and repurposing wherever possible
- Keeping our retail shop stocked up and interesting and serving customers
- Supporting our social media activity by being creative and designing content
- The right candidate will be given the opportunity to work in our print studio, learning artisan printing skills and screen production
- This will be a busy role and will be a great opportunity for you to learn about working with fabrics and to be part of a happy, productive and creative team.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
We are a growing business that supports traditional craft and ethical manufacturing to provide beautiful things that tread lightly on the earth and we are keen to create opportunities for local employment. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of quality, is honest and kind and is a team player.
- We are particularly looking for someone with energy and drive who is able to use their initiative to keep our customers happy and the team working efficiently.
- You will need to be reliable and punctual with a good attendance record and someone who likes to finish a job.
- You should be able to work to a high standard, able to recognise the importance of accuracy, efficiency and care in the production of high quality products.
- You will need to be organised and able to plan ahead, with strong IT skills, able to use Google documents and learn new applications quickly.
- You will be confident and friendly dealing with customers, in person, by email and over the phone.
- You must be able to work flexibly, as part of a busy hard working team, and be keen to learn new skills.
- We are looking for someone who is keen to make their mark by bringing suggestions for improvements and new ideas as well as someone who is able to hone and develop their creative skills to help grow the business.
- We are interested in someone who enjoys creating content for social media to support our existing activity.
- You will work tidily and be conscientious about maintaining clean, tidy and well organised work spaces.
- You should understand the importance of minimising waste and supporting an environmentally friendly organisation.
- At times you will need to be able to handle fairly heavy rolls of fabric and boxes.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business and make your mark. We are keen to invest in the right person, someone who has ambitions to make their mark and wants to grab a wonderful opportunity to be part of something exciting and rewarding.
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or your job coach.
Please note that this role is part of The Kickstart Scheme and open to those aged 16 to 24 year on Universal Credit.