To celebrate the launch of our new Reusable Bowl Covers I'm sharing one of my favourite summer salads from Yotam Ottolenghi's brilliant book Plenty More.
Our linen Reusable Bowl Covers are a great alternative to cling film and plastic. They can be used to cover dishes and bowls, perfect for outside dining and for using in the fridge if you'd like to save some of this yummy summer salad for later!
To make Ottolenghi's Beetroot, Avocado and Pea Salad for four to six people, you'll need the following ingredients:
4 medium beetroots peeled and sliced 2 - 3mm thick (400g)
1 small red onion thinly sliced (100g)
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
60ml olive oil plus extra to finish
1/2 tsp caster sugar
1-3 tsp savoury chilli sauce
2 medium avocados peeled and thinly sliced (200g)
10g coriander leaves
10g mint leaves
20g pea shoots
150g peas fresh or frozen, quickly blanched and refreshed under cold water
salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the beetroot
- Blanch for 3-5 minutes
- Refresh under cold water, pat dry, then transfer to a large bowl
- Add the onion, vinegar, oil, sugar, chilli sauce, teaspoon of salt and some black pepper
- Toss gently, then leave aside for 15 mins
- Spread half of the beetroot mixture into a bowl
- Top with half the avocado, coriander, mint, pea shoots and peas
- Add the rest of the beetroot and arrange the remaining ingredients on top
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy in the summer sunshine!
If you'd like to purchase a copy of Plenty More please contact your local bookstore - we're very lucky to have The Book Shop, in Liskeard a neighbouring town. Although their lovely shop has remained closed since lockdown was announced, they have been welcoming orders either online or over the phone, continuing to ship a wide range of books.
Here's a little demo of our Reusable Bowl Cover in action! Perfect for stopping the wildlife from buzzing about whilst we enjoy the delicious summer salad in the garden.
The Resuable Linen Bowl Covers, available in Natural or Duck Egg Blue, are the latest addition to our Eco Collection. To shop the range, please click here.
Leave a comment