One of the questions that we are asked most often is: "How do I care for my gorgeous printed linen items?". Our ethos, here at Helen Round is to make products that are both sustainable and long lasting, so follow these simple steps to keep your linen products looking lovely.
Caring for Printed Linen: A Guide to Long-Lasting Softness
Linen, with its timeless qualities, is a long lasting fabric that will pay back over and again, providing it receives a little care, to preserve its beauty over time.
When it comes to printed linen items, whether it's home decor, or accessories, a few simple steps can go a long way in maintaining their condition.
1. Gentle Washing: We recommend washing our linen products at 30 degrees centigrade, by hand or in the washing machine. To keep our linen home accessories at their best air dry them on a line rather than using the tumble dryer.
And did you know – adding a few drops of tea tree essential oil to your wash helps to refresh your laundry and repel against bacteria.
2. Turn Inside Out: Before putting your printed linen items into the washing machine, turn them inside out. This minimises friction between the fabric and the washing machine drum, preserving the integrity of the print.
3. Avoid Bleach and Harsh Chemicals: Steer clear of bleach and harsh chemicals, as they can compromise the quality of the print. Choose natural and mild laundry products to safeguard both the linen fibres and the printed design.
4. Air Drying: While linen is known for its durability, excessive heat from tumble drying can weaken fibres and affect prints. Air drying your printed linen items helps maintain their shape, colour, and overall quality.
5. Ironing with Care: If ironing is necessary, do so when the linen item is slightly damp, using a medium to low heat setting. Ironing on the reverse side helps prevent any direct heat impact on the print.
6. Storage Matters: Proper storage is crucial for maintaining printed linen. Store items in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent fading.
7. Handle with Clean Hands: When handling printed linen items, ensure your hands are clean to prevent any transfer of oils or dirt onto the fabric.
8. Spot Cleaning: For small stains or spills, you can opt for spot cleaning instead of washing the entire item. Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth for targeted cleaning.
By incorporating these simple practices into your care routine, you can extend the life of your printed linen, ensuring they continue to bring elegance and sophistication to your home for years to come.
If you've got a question about caring for your linen or bamboo products, don't hesitate to get in touch with us or take a look at the Product Care page of our website.
For priority access to our sales, new products, gift ideas, workshops and events sign up to our newsletter here.