We've been spending a bit of time in the studio coming up with a plan to support Plastic Free July.
In case you haven't heard of it, Plastic Free July is a global movement that highlights ideas to remove single-use plastics and helps people find plastic free solutions for their own communities.
They've come up with some simple, practical ideas, and we've had a few of our own that we thought it might be helpful to pass on!
1. Waste Audit or Bin Audit - we are going to give this a go and come up with some plans to reduce the waste in our bins. You can also do this at home, or in your fridge or cupboards to identify products that use plastic and find alternatives.
2. Ditch the Disposable Cup - take a cup or mug to the cafe with you if you're planning on a take away, since most takeaway cups still contain plastic and are mainly single-use
3. Refuse Single Use Bathroom Products - switch to reusable products that can ultimately be recycled or repurposed once they are used up
4. Use bar soap and shampoo instead of plastic bottles - since 35% of the waste in UK landfill comes from bathroom products
5. Swap balloons and other single-use plastic party decorations for reusable and eco alternatives and have fun making them!
We'd love to hear about your single use plastic swaps, so that together we can reduce single use plastic bit by bit. Please post on our social media channels -find us on Facebook or Instagram. or just get in touch!
Plastic Free Ideas For Your Home
Bread Bags, Bowl Covers and Baguette Bags all help reduce single use plastic in your kitchen! Choose from our beautiful, eco friendly range of kitchen accessories here.
If you have any questions or comments about this article please feel free to get in touch with us, and do please post pictures of your baking and purchases on our social media pages. Find us on Facebook or Instagram.
To join our community and access all our free downloadable images and ideas, sign up to our newsletter here.
You'll also received early notice of sales, new products, gift ideas, recipes, workshops and events! So don't hesitate to sign up. Click here.
Leave a comment