It feels a lot like Spring in Cornwall this week. The magnolias, primroses and daffodils are blooming. The bees are buzzing around the spring flowers and the green foliage of the blue bells is starting to emerge in my garden and in the countryside all around us here in South East Cornwall.
Somehow, I never mind the losing an hours sleep as the clocks go forward here in the UK!
I am sure that you, like me, are looking forward to sunny days eating outside, so I've included links to our baguette bag and our lovely linen bowl covers. They are perfect for lunchtime in the garden!
If you are planning regular picnics or take your lunch when you go out and about don't forget to try our linen sandwich wraps and snack bags. Great for a walk or to take to work.
Our Eco Lunch Gift Bundle, which is one Snack Bag and one Sandwich Wrap offers excellent value!
Tasty Cardamom Biscuits - Perfect For Picnics
These biscuits remind me of travelling in India. I came back with a wonderful Masala Chai recipe which you can read about in our journal here. These biscuits are delicious with a steamy mug of Masala Chai. They are special enough to give as a gift if you're visiting family and friends over the weekend too!
Here's how to make them, using store cupboard ingredients..
- Split open 3 green cardamom pods and pound the seeds to a powder.
- Beat 100g of butter until soft and add 40g of icing sugar, keep beating for about 10 minutes.
- Sieve 70g of self raising flour and 25g of gram flour together and add in 25g of semolina.
- Stir into the butter mix and bring together into a soft dough. Separate into 24 pieces, roll each onto a ball and place a little away apart on a baking tray.
- Flatten the top of each and press an almond or a few pieces of chopped pistachio or other nuts into each one.
- Chill for 20 mins and then bake in an oven at 160C for 20 mins until golden.
Delicious! The fragrance of cardamom takes me straight back to India!
Make A Lampshade
Have you thought about joining or gifting one of our Online Lampshade Making Workshops?
You don't need any prior experience and at the end of the session you'll have a lovely professional looking lampshade!
The next session is on a Thursday night (19th May) which works well for our overseas customers too.
These fun workshops make a great alternative gift for a birthday or you could gift online for Mother's Day, Easter or as a thank you!
I hope you have a wonderful week. Do post any pictures of the biscuits or anything of our products in your homes on our social media channels, we love to hear from you; find us on Facebook or Instagram.
To join our community and access discounts and all our free downloadable images and ideas, sign up to our newsletter here.
You'll also received early notice of sales, new products, gift ideas, recipes, workshops and events! So don't hesitate to sign up. Click here.